Drum Roll Please
I got a TREADMILL!
|It's the perfect size for in our front room, and it folds up for storage!|
Nothing fancy, does the basics, found on craigslist for $125...works for me!
You may be thinking Sarah, why? You always run outside, why get a dreadmill?
Well, there are a few reasons.
1. I live in Pennsylvania, its already in the 30's in the morning and we will soon get the snow and ice.
2. The sun rises at 7:40 am, I work at either 8 or 9.....and at this point I do not feel comfortable running in the dark.
3. When I do any speed work outside I quickly get discouraged and give up, on a treadmill I will be able to pick a pace and know that it is right, which hopefully will lead to less discouragement.
|Nothing fancy, but I love that I can bump it up for intervals, then slow back down for recovery|
4. Peace of mind for my husband. This is probably the most important thing for me. He gets nervous when I go out early if he's already at work, or when it's raining, or when it's dark. Knowing I am in the locked house doing my run at 6:45 when its 33 degrees outside dark and raining, makes him less worried, and I love him for being my protector and worrying about me.
5. I can watch TV while I run! That is amazing.
So, long story short. I have used it twice now and I think I see a lot of running on it in my future as conditions will no doubt get worse. I will still try to do all my LSD runs outside, and any other time I can but I love knowing I have this option!
On another note, I signed up for my first 10k! It's on Thanksgiving morning at a local school! I have been slowly increasing my mileage and I am hoping to do a few longer long runs in preparation for this race, but I think I'll use it as a base test, see where I'm at!
Do you ever run on the treadmill?
Any races coming up?