1. Write out your schedule! Like old school in a planner, on your calendar, anywhere! Write down your training plan, work schedule, appointments, date night etc. etc.
3. If you get off track or miss a workout DON'T QUIT! Get up the next day and pick up where you left off. Come on, be a little forgiving with yourself!
4. Ask for help when you need it! My husband will help by getting things set out for dinner while I'm running, or changing the laundry. Whatever I really need, I ask and he never seems to mind at all! One morning he even made me breakfast in bed just cause he thought I deserved it!
|My hubby makes a GREAT breakfast!|
|I skipped a run day to just go out with friends to eat and bowl and I am so glad I did!|
7. Fuel your body right! Eat healthy meals and make sure you are fueling your body with enough food for your activity level. But don't go overboard! Eat a treat when you need it and enjoy it!
8. Stay hydrated! This one is the one I notice the most. If I don't drink enough water, I feel it. I try to have a bog water bottle with me at all times and refill it throughout the day.
9. Give yourself a goal. When you have a goal race, or a goal time, or distance. It makes it easier to keep going!
10. Most importantly, Figure out your priorities. If running isn't as important as your family, don't treat it like it is. Once you know your priorities, it'll be easier to figure out your schedule and actually stick with it!!
Ok, I guess this is really just a list for me. But, I hope it maybe at least helps someone in some way!
What is your biggest piece of advice for someone trying to balance it all?