We decided on it and we all got excited for the State Parks just a short drive from the house we rented.
- Leonard Harrison State Park
- Colton Point State Park
- Lyman Run State Park
Every day Eric and I went on a hike (just the 2 of us while the other 18 chose different trails)
Leonard Harrison State Park trails we hiked:
- Turkey Path-2 mile hike, most difficult, very very steep, waterfalls
- Overlook trail-0.6 mile hike, difficult, beautiful overlook of canyon in this hike
Colton Point State Park trails we hiked:
- Turkey Path-3 mile hike, most difficult, very steep, waterfall, connects with other turkey path
- West Rim Trail- We only did a 2 mile hike, easy hiking, steep drop off, view of canyon
- Barbour Rock Trail- 1ish mile(technically in Tioga State Forest) easy hike, overlook of canyon
Lyman Run State Park
- Rock Run Trail-2 mile hike, difficult, straight uphill
- Spurline Trail-1 mile hike, easy hike, old railroad trail, easy descent back to parking area
|Not my most flattering-but we didn't take any others at this park......|
We also went tubing 3x's in the Pine Creek
I went running 4x's with some of my nieces and nephews
Eric and I did an 8 mile bike ride on the pine Creek Rail Trail
|A view on the Pine Creek Rail Trail|
On Friday and Saturday of our trip there was a meteor shower so we all stayed by the fire very late and saw a whole bunch of shooting stars!
This vacation was so much fun & I feel like we really got to do a lot of sightseeing and adventuring in the area. One week is really not enough to see it all.
On the way home we even stopped by Kinzua Bridge State Park so we could stretch our legs and see one more of PA's beautiful parks before heading home.
Hopefully we can go back again some time!