This recap I am going to do a list of points about the race instead of my normal paragraphs (since it's just a short & small race)
- I've done this run 3x's in the past 4 years
- I ran this once in H.S. 2004
- Hilly course, 2 smaller hills in the 1st mile, 1 big hill mile 2, the largest hill in mile 3
- My whole family joins in- Mother-in-law, husband's aunt & husband's cousin all helped with registration- 3 nieces, 1 nephew, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, husband & myself ran it
- Eric trained for it(first time ever really preparing) and ran his second best time ever! So proud of him❤
- It didn't really go how I wanted, though
- After the second mile, I mentally gave up
- I still ran a strong race & ended up getting my first overall award, 3rd female!
Overall, this race was hard, hilly, and so much fun! I love getting to spend time with my family and friends(my BRF also ran and did GREAT). If you have the opportunity to do a small, local 5k that benefits your community....DO IT.
Have you run a local 5k?
Does your whole family run?